Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gokusen


I've watched first episodes this very night, thanks to some kind soul who streamed it (^^). And I just loved it. It was funny (sometimes a bit overboard for my taste), but hell, I had such a great time, I fell from my chair while watching it. And it was 3:45 am! Last time I did that for a drama was Attic Cat ( I don't count my obsession - YAB, because I was able to watch it either on the internet, or just two hours after airing on SBS^^).
I'm going to watch season 2, although the cast changed. Still, since I saw familiar faces on the poster for G 2, I will give it a try.
Recommended to everyone.


You know, it's not easy to be a teacher. Myself, although not a school teacher, I can empathize with Kumiko in her effort to bring those kids to a normal life. Teaching at the University is slightly different, but I've done similar things, covering up for students, going out for a bee... ekhem, for a tea, talking about movies and life... Still, things are getting worse, students as well, and I have the feeling that I'm the only one energetic, and enthusiastic about what I'm about to say. It looks like it's only me who takes time at home to sit down and prepare for the next day. I feel so depressed sometimes. 

    My fav character? Maybe Head Teacher, who is so hilarious!! Yes, my friend is going to Japan in two months, maybe I will make myself a gift (I was a good girl after all, ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ) and ask for this one and Kimi wa petto DVD? Hmm, my evil plan is brewing^^

Synopsis

The story of a young, idealistic teacher who enters Shirokin Gakuen with hopes of making a difference in the students' lives. However, Yamaguchi Kumiko (Nakama Yukie) is in for a rude awakening when she finds that she will be the homeroom teacher of 3-D, the hardest class to maintain in the school. The students have multi-colored hair, sloppy uniforms, and show absolutely no respect to her. The leader of the class, Sawada Shin is lazy but bright and shows some interest in Yamaguchi when he notices that she is very different from other teachers. The students try to bully her to make her quit, but their attempts don't get them very far.
What the class and the rest of the school does not know is that Yamaguchi Kumiko is actually the 4th generation heir to the Ooedo Group, a notorious yakuza clan. Even though her family would like her to take the title of Ojou when her grandfather dies, they have accepted the fact that Yamaguchi would rather be a teacher.
Eventually, the students learn to respect their quirky teacher because of her devotion to them, and even give her a nickname: Yankumi.

Cast

Torrent file for season 1:
Gokusen 1