Wednesday, September 29, 2010

One obsessed noona...

... is writing here, the rest of obsessed noonas is someplace else. Ehehe. I have to write something to distract myself from the situation I suddenly fell into. No place, no will and absolutely no need to tell everybody about it. But, to make myself feel better I started to watch Sungkyungkwan Scandal. I was soooo biased. I was tempted, on the one side because it's a period drama, but I was so strongly against it on the other hand. Why? I don't trust idols. It's as simple as Kim The Table Hyun Joong's spectrum of emotions. Am I hatin' again? No, I have nothing against his personality, we had this talk on D-A (in different places), but he's no actor, let's face it. During this year since BOF he developed one more facial expression. My godss of the Netherworld! In 20 years he will have so many of them!!
Anyway, SKKS is about a young girl who is very talented as a writer, but in order to support her family (mother and ill brother) she writes certain stuff (like letters) in somebody's stead, or she delivers forbidden books in a secret. (I'm stupid, of course, forbidden = secret, you moron!).
But then, thanks to: part of her clumsiness, part of her sacrifice and part of her courage, she (as a boy) got admitted to the school. But the life in school is hell. Oh well, nothing new, phew! Bullying sunbae, lots of things to learn, out-of-book teachers, plus fluttering heart. Oh, and some nice boys that like to sleep naked when drunk. Really hard to... I mean, OK, I will stop here.

 
   I was very, very uncertain should I watch it, remembering the unbearable pain I had with one episode of Playful Kiss, and 6 episodes of Gumiho Girlfriend (only emo Doctor kept me glued to the screen, I'm reconsidering picking it up for him, ekhem, I'm shallow, yesss). So I said to myself: "Lady, should I hold...", eeehm, not, not this... So I said to myself: "You're not that young anymo...", dammit, I probably said nothing at all, but just looked up the rest of the cast and... I was hit! Yoo Ah In!! Pretty as a flower ex-boxer in Antique! Nothing that has anything in common with Ju Jihun can be bad. (Yes I know, it's a made-up theory and needs a heavy research, I know). So I started. And I felt like I was hit by that apple. Dammit.
No way there is a boy prettier than me. Oh, there is??
Actors: Park Minyoung is not irritating (so far, 10 episodes) as Kim Yoonhee, the girl who entered Sungkyunkwan as her brother. Song Joongki has the experience, but he plays his character with somewhat irritating unevenness. His playboy role is kind of catalyst of the actions, for good or for worse. And I'm pleasantly surprised by Micky Yoochun. Seriously, I though , omfg, another "acting" idol from a band I can't remember. But then I saw something else than other idols *cough *The Table *cough*. Yes, I'm going to praise him now, because I can appreciate small gestures, facial acting and so on. And he has really classical dead-end role. He plays a virtuous guy, a guy who is an idealist. It's a point blank shot for inexperienced actor.
Scenery: beautiful. The school is almost drowned in the luscious greenery from one side, and breathes with the air of the lively town from the other.

Costumes: come on, it's a period drama, set in the time of  King Jeongjo (1752–1800), and one of the teachers, Jeong Yakyong is the historical figure. I can't complain, everything in clothes is as it should be^^. Damn, I love ancient Korean fashion to bits.
Music: is getting better and better. Modern music along with instrumental one. I just don't like the ending song, sorry.
Language: very useful Korean vocabulary concerning libraries, edicts, etc. Buahaha!! I'm geek, so?

I eat those like you for breakfast!

And the duel of stares I announce as open!
So you're dead meat.

It's not the spoon that bends? That's weird...