Thursday, February 09, 2012

Jekyll and Hyde?

free image hosting

I had this interview left as the last, thankfully I don't have to do it right now.
Someone was faster than me.
Why as a last one? Because I have my own secret code of assembling articles for translating. It's a cat thing.


On February 6, Kim Bum told about his stories that he didn’t tell anywhere else at an interview with Starnews, which took place at a cafe in Samcheong-dong.
He started jTBC’s drama series Padam Padam… The Sound of His and Her Heartbeats in December last year. Since then, he’s attracted the audience’s attention as a guardian angel, Lee Gook Soo.
In the drama series, he was not anymore the same person we saw from the drama series Boys Over Flowers or the sitcom Unstoppable High Kick. He took a break for a year and a half regardless of his will. He now feels that he is compensated for that period.
Kim said he was sad with the fact that he now had to say good-bye to his drama series, Padam Padam, which ended on February 7. He said he couldn’t still believe that the drama was over.
“I couldn’t think of anything while shooting Padam Padam. But now I feel sad about the fact that the drama series is over. I shot the last episode a week ago. But I still cannot believe the drama series is over.”
He surprised a lot of people by reducing his weight by 11 kilograms for the drama series in only two months. However, he said he now eats everything that he wants to eat because the drama series is finally over.
Kim said, “I finished shooting the drama series on January 30. After that, I’ve eaten ramen, pizza, pork hocks, and bossam. I’m now enjoying eating. But I still steadily exercise to maintain my figure.”
Kim said he would never recommend reducing weight, which he had a hard time with. He said, “If I weren’t an actor, I wouldn’t reduce my weight. I was mentally and physically very stressed.”
He didn’t much talk about his next work because he doesn’t know which drama or movie he will choose, yet. However, he frankly talked about the roles he wants to play.
“I want to shoot a romantic story because I haven’t done it for a long time. I also want to play a role of a double-faced person like Jekyll and Hyde. Playing a double role might be nice, too. Even if I cannot play such a role soon, I eventually want to do someday.”

He said he wouldn’t consider much about whether his next work is a drama series or a movie. Regardless of category, he said he wants to change his image once again through his new work.
Kim said he is still good friends with Jung Il Woo, who appeared in Unstoppable High Kick with him. When he finished shooting the last scene of Padam Padam, he said he got a call from Jung. He also said he’s happy that Jung’s drama The Moon Embracing the Sun is loved by many people.
Many actors have recently appeared on variety shows. Would Kim also want to become a star of variety shows?
However, he said, “I’ve never thought about appearing on a variety show. I can’t think of making a guest appearance regularly, either. I don’t think I’ll change my mind. I don’t have any talents to get laughs from people. I enjoy watching variety shows and I think the people who get laughs from the audience are really great.”
Kim said he would repay his fans for their love through various works.
“If I can, I want to come back to the audience before this summer. I’ll come back with my next work with more improvement.”

source via Korea.com