Thursday, July 19, 2012

Some sad song


   I have the habit of creating my own OST while watching movies, series etc (and who doesn't?). And ever since episode 8 of Gaksital, one song has been obsessively stuck in my head when watching this series.


   This song is a very personal to me, it never appeared up to this moment while watching anything, but I guess the dualism of this very drama prompted it. The song joins horrible pessimism with hope. I like such songs. I guess I'm in this kind of mood anyway.
I guess everyone knows this, but just in case.




Lyrics:
Some say love it is a river
that drowns the tender reed.
Some say love it is a razor
that leaves your soul to bleed.

Some say love it is a hunger
an endless aching need.
I say love it is a flower
and you it's only seed.

It's the heart afraid of breaking
that never learns to dance.
It's the dream afraid of waking
that never takes the chance.
It's the one who won't be taken
who cannot seem to give.
and the soul afraid of dying
that never learns to live.

When the night has been too lonely
and the road has been too long,
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong.
Just remember in the winter
far beneath the bitter snows
lies the seed
that with the sun's love
in the spring
becomes the rose.


 Composer: Amanda McBroom
Singer: Bette Midler
Year: 1980