Thursday, January 31, 2013

On the drama table



   This year started in a bad way. I have never thought I could drop Park Shihu's drama. Alas, I did. Worse - I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever about this. There's no going back, crawling and begging to give one more chance, I'm not like a clingy "girl/boyfriend-from-Miguk-suddenly-coming" just to ruin a budding romance. Nah-uh. I dropped that, which is weird considering I finished Miss You which puzzled, irritated and emotionally drained me.
Actually it's not that weird at all. I like to feel emotionally attached to characters. That's why I don't care about many things like (horrible) fashion or (hideous) haircuts. But when something happens to characters and I'm "oh damn, I forgot to buy eggs", I know there's probably some problem.


   Sometimes I like to feel emotionally violated and some dramas do that, but that's a totally different topic. On the everyday basis, I like to relax and our fluff and silly dramas are the best for that. Right now I find fluffiness in TWdramas, so maybe there aren't many Kdramas on the table however this may change soon because "la Donna e mobile" (or whatever you write this). 

   One fluff is however Flower Boy Next Door and don't let the title fool you - there are more that just one "flower boy" in this. Which is good, eye-candy has never ever hurt anyone. Wasn't sure, after the disaster that Flower Boy ramen Shop was, I solemnly swore NOT to watch anything with "flower boy" in the title. As I am an easy woman, I watched first episodes of Flower Boy Band. Fact there was eyelinered Lee Minki cameo somehow was absolutely irrelevant. Ekhem...
Plus, Park Shinhye, being lovely as she was, was still this pouting, puppy-eyed half-imbecile from YAB so I had my (well based) objections to start this.

Oh, how wrong I was! This is a perfect fluff (so far)! It's not a story of damsel in distress being rescued by a knight on steady stallion (... *after few minutes of picturing this*...) but by a knight in panda hat. Whatever. 
In one moment this drama causes you to choke on your own laughter and the other - just stops and throws a ball. So far I have one favorite scene that really shows compatibility of the main OTP (sorry, Jinrak, but your gorgeous body is out) - when Enrique was replying to Dokmi's thoughts driving poor girl half mad, that was a funny sight (for us), but then they went for an excursion and Dokmi mumbled about him being a jerk... yet he didn't hear it clearly and asked WUT? Then I realized the writer is close to being a genius.


   Other Kdramas I watched? Sirius, KBS Drama Special Series, 4-part mini. Without subs. And since drama deals with narcotics, trafficking and crime, being gritty, violent and dark, well, I do admit I lost probably a lot.

Also, hyped myself about Yawang but little did I know then thatYunho was given such a big role. Way too big to his nanomilimeter's acting skills. I like Kwon Sangwoo, I really do, but had to stop. So far I stopped, not dropped that, so in case "Yunho time" will be reduced to one second, I'm aboard again.

Waiting for:

Incarnation of Money
I won't lie why: Kang Jihwan in - let's pray - decent drama. I will diregard his haircut that looks simply dumb and not chic. But maybe, just maybe that's the visible remnant of his "padded palace" times? because according to one site:
A drama based on law about money, love and passion.
Bok Jae In (Hwang Jung Eum) plays the daughter of a loan shark and ‘knows nothing but money’. She then eventually becomes the president of a savings bank with her pragmatic and a strong work ethic personality. Meanwhile, Lee Cha Don (Kang Ji Hwan) knows of her past and is in debt to her. He then happens to be locked up in a psychiatric hospital on a remote island….. 
 Having such description, I'm bugged by genre type which is still stated as rom-com. OK, whatever, I can live with that.

That Winter The Wind Blows
Why do they have such long names for dramas? That would eat up half of my tweets, dammit!
A melodrama about a man and a blind woman who don’t believe in love.
Oh Young (Song Hye Kyo) is a blind heiress to a large corporation who lost her parents in a tragic accident along with her sight. She lives in lonely.
Meanwhile, Oh Soo (Jo In Sung) is a gambler and playboy who lives in a meaningless life after being abandoned by his parents at an early age as well as his first love.
In order to repay the enormous amount of debt, Oh Soo approach Oh Young for money purpose but ends up falling in love with her….
Melo!! Kim Beom!! I'm sold.
I AM however bugged by the poster to this drama:


Since her dress blends in, my first impression was

Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar? (Hamlet, V.i)


I'm also waiting for The Virus - OCN's thriller that asianwiki describes as:
Chief Detective Lee Myung-Hyun lead a "special infectious disease crisis response team" as they investigate a mysterious infection case where the virus has a 100% fatality rate. Lee Myung-Hyun faces the truth and fights against the power of evil.

Also waiting for The Table's drama to check. Hence the main picture.