Thursday, July 06, 2017

Throwback Thursday Part 38

On this day in  1189 Richard the Lionheart is crowned King of England. Therefore, today's Throwback Thursday is to the lion.
And I also want to start something new along the TbT - each week, I will also make a Spotify playlist of the theme, and will link it with every post. The playlist will be longer - 30 songs.
Hear me roar!
Not you, Katy Perry...


Let's go!

Ted Ross (The Wiz musical) - I'm a Mean Old Lion (1978)



Kajagoogoo - The Lion's Mouth
 


First Aid Kit - The Lion's Roar
 


James Blake - Digital Lion. He does make a difficult music, but it's an incredible journey through the nebula of sounds.



Van Morrison - The Lion This Time
 


Yoko Kanno - Space Lion (Cowboy Bebop OST)



Hollywood Undead - Lion. Good ol' noise and angst.



Wits & Wingate Choir - Ingonyama. It's a traditional Zulu song.



Gregory Porter - Be Good (Lion's Song) 
 


I know, the song appeared some time ago, but whatever, it's good. Thrice - The Lion and the Wolf.



The National - The Rains Of Castamere. Well, it's about the Lannisters, so technically song about the lion. I know, I'm stretching.


And the promised Spotify playlist: